Academy Attendance Contact Information
If your child attends an Academy course, all absences must be excused BOTH at their high school (base school) AND the Academy.
- Please contact Ms. Barbour, 703-718-2750, or WestPotomacAcademy.Attendance@fcps.edu.
- If you do not notify the Academy office by phone, please send a note with your student on his/her first day back or e-mail the academy office.
- All students attending the Academy from a high school other than West Potomac will be required to wear their student id badge.
- Students are expected to attend all classes and arrive on time for each class. Academy students and parent/guardians are expected to comply with these FCPS attendance policies at the Academy just as they do at their base school.
This applies to West Potomac High School students also
- If you know your student will be absent ahead of time for any reason, a pre-arranged absence form must be completed and returned to the Academy Office as soon as possible.
After the 2nd day following an absence
- If the academy office has not received a written or verbal explanation from a parent or guardian, the absence becomes unexcused.