Learn about course enrollment
Interested in joining the West Potomac Academy?
Here's how to start an exciting future with us:
Choose a Specialized Program
- Review the Academy and Other Specialized Programs Course Offerings to identify the course and location you are interested in attending.
- Think about a second course choice if you are willing to enroll in another course at the same location in the event your first choice is full.
- Discuss your course interests with your parent or guardian.
Meet with Your School Counselor
- If you are currently a student at an FCPS traditional high school:
- Meet with your counselor to review your academy/specialized program choice(s). .
- Your counselor will complete the online registration.
- Check your e-mail account to confirm your application has been submitted by the March 15th deadline
- March 15, 2018 - Academy application deadline. After this date, registrations will be accepted for courses on a space-available basis.
- March 22, 2018 - Admission decisions posted for school counselors
Student Visits to the West Potomac Academy
- We welcome student visitors during our AM, Mid Day, and PM classes, Monday through Friday.
- Verify exact course offering and times available on the visitor pass for your school (see below).
- Shuttle transportation to and from our Academy is required for our student visitors.
- School counselors should contact Cliff Hickman at @email, West Potomac Academy Counselor, at 703-718-2752. It is important to us to make sure our visitors enjoy an excellent experience during their time with us.
- Inclement weather-check Academy policy and with your base school if it is not WPHS.