Career Prep Day
Career Prep Day, March 13 & 16
Students attending West Potomac Governor’s Health Sciences Academy recently were visited by a host of local businesses and organizations who shared information about health and medical careers and the educational requirements necessary to land them.
The Career Prep Day included a professional guest speakers conference and presentations on associate jobs and specific career pathways, resume writing, tips for interviewing, mock interviews, lessons about online applications, professional communication, dress, and more.
The March event included representatives from:
- The Fairfax County Department of Public Safety and Communications, “Interviewing with Style”
- Giant Pharmacy/Ahold Corporation, “The Job Application Process & Preparation”
- George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences, “Biomedical Sciences- Pathways to Certificate Programs, Graduate School, and Doctorate Programs”
- Inova Health System, “Best Practices for Getting the Job & Resume Review”
- Pacific Dental Services, “Nailing Your Elevator Pitch & Making Yourself Marketable”
- WPA Counselor, “College Bound? Juniors, What You Need to Know Now!”
- WPHS CCCR, “Understanding Your Financial Award Letter”